Monday, January 17, 2011

I got Pork-ed!

Am becoming the Microwave Maestro...so with much delight I cooked up a large pot of orzo with beets and corn, mind you, even sizzled some chopped onion and garlic...and then as a flourish added some chorizo to jazz it up...I didn't realize that it would be pork since I knew pork was called puerca, so assumed when it said chorizo cerda, it would NOT be pork...alas...as my apartment steadily grew porki-fied, I grew increasingly nauseous and eventually fled into my colleagues apartment offering them free home cooked luncheon (fortunately, they are pig-friendly!). But, AK is not to be beaten so easily and I cooked up a Pollo con ancho y poblano rice delight instead...

The shadow crossing it - a do not consume sign?
Ancho delight

2 comments:

  1. i didn't realize you were so anti-pork. your first culinary dish sounds delish. i'm sure your neighbors were happily surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please note, this is the 3rd culinary dish :-)

    ReplyDelete